Do you want to know exactly how to perform the ab roll exercise? Watch the video above or go through the tips below.
Implementation of the ab roller
- Grab the ab roller and place your knees on a soft surface.
- Straighten your arms and keep your hip straight throughout the movement.
- Place the ab roller on the floor while keeping the arms and wrists straight.
- Actively tighten your abdominal, lower back and glutes.
- Move forward with the ab roller while your abs do the movement.
- Go as far as you can without stretching your lower back.
- Move back and repeat. Make sure that your hips remain straight.
- Actively tighten your abs and glutes.
- Keep your hip in a neutral position.
- Don’t go too deep. Keep control of your core and movement.
- Take the movement out of your abs. So not from your leg, back or arm muscles.
- Make a controlled movement. Do not perform the exercise too quickly. Then he gets sloppy.
Variations of the ab roller exercise
In addition to the regular version, you can vary by:
- Using a barbell or ab roller.
- A movement to the left or right.
- Start from your knees. Is this going too easy? Then start from your toes.
- Don’t have an ab roller or barbell? Then you can also do it by slowly putting your hands forward.