The implementation of the Incline Biceps Curl in short:
- Sit on a bench with the dumbbells in both hands.
- Hold the dumbbells in a horizontal position (with your thumbs out).
- Slowly lower the dumbbell down, keeping the elbow in the same place.
- Slowly raise the dumbbell to just above 90 degrees from the starting position.
- Make sure not to tilt the bench too far back. Otherwise, you will experience a lot of stretch in the biceps attachment during the exercise.
- Keep your elbows well still. Otherwise, you are using too much momentum for the movement, so you are not using the muscles you want to use.
- You can vary the exercise by turning it into an incline dumbbell hammer curl. You do this by pointing the thumbs inward so that your dumbbells are vertical.