A high-protein breakfast will help reduce your appetite. Proteins ensure that you are saturated for longer, so that you are less likely to reach for snacks.
With this high-protein breakfast burrito, you won’t be hungry until lunch. This way you help your body to burn extra fat. In addition, you start the day with a good portion of vegetables, where you also get a lot of vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional values of this recipe
- Energy: 413 kcal (calories)
- Protein: 38 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fat: 29 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
Ingredients for 1 person
- 3 slices of ham (as large as possible) (90 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams of fresh spinach
- 50 grams of mushrooms
- 50 grams of onion
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Optional: lemon juice and fresh cilantro
- Chop the onion and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, until the spinach has shrunk and the mushrooms are almost done.
- Break the eggs over the vegetable mix and stir until the eggs are cooked.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the slices of ham on a plate or cutting board.
- Divide the egg-vegetable mixture over the slices of ham and roll the slices of ham up like a burrito.
- Fry the breakfast burritos for a few seconds on each side, until the ham turns light brown.
- Optional: drizzle some lemon juice over the burrito and serve with the fresh cilantro.