Comments Off on Healthy banana bread with walnuts
Do you love bread, but do you like to eat low-carbohydrates? Then this recipe for healthy banana bread with walnuts is a godsend.
This bread fits well in a low- carb diet because it is made with almond flour. Almond flour is available at the larger supermarkets and health food stores.
Cover your slice of banana bread with healthy fillings such as Hüttenkäse, egg, sugar-free nut butters, sugar-free hummus or smoked salmon and your healthy breakfast or lunch is ready!
A slice of this banana bread can also serve as a healthy snack .
Nutritional values of this recipe
Total / per slice
Energy: 1543 calories / 128.6 calories
Protein: 63 grams / 5.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 111 grams / 9.3 grams
Fats: 97 grams / 8.1 grams
Fiber: 21 grams / 1.8 grams
Ingredients for 1 banana bread (12 slices)
- 3 ripe bananas(360 grams)
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of almond flour
- 50 grams of oat flour (or oatmeal)
- 25 grams of walnuts (or unsalted nuts of your choice)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Do you use oatmeal instead of oatmeal? Then grind it into oatmeal using a food processor, blender or coffee grinder.
- Place the oatmeal, almond flour, baking powder and sea salt in a large bowl and stir.
- Place the bananas, eggs and almond milk in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, fluffy.
- Pour the contents of the blender or food processor into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and stir into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a cake tin and slide the cake tin into the oven.
- Bake the banana bread for 45 to 55 minutes, until done. The banana bread is done if you poke it with a fork or skewer and it comes out clean.
- Does the top of the banana bread get too dark during baking? Then cover the cake tin with a piece of aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Let the banana bread cool completely and then cut into 12 equal slices.
Tip: Wrap each slice of banana bread separately and place in the freezer. This way you always have a tasty snack or (part of your) breakfast or lunch at home.